Construction activities are more than 50 percent complete at the A.J. Mihm Generating Station in Baraga Township and F.D. Kuester Generating Station in Negaunee Township.
Construction crew traffic will remain steady with about 40 vehicles a day until the end of the year. The traffic will be made up of large-truck traffic, including concrete trucks, semi-trucks and other delivery vehicles. The number of large vehicles will vary but may be up to several dozen per day.
- Installing and connecting electrical wiring for power, controls and data communications.
- Continuing work on the ATC substation and transmission lines.
- Final installations of the Wartsila engine-generators and associated support systems, such as those for lube oil, engine cooling and compressed air.
- Completing connections to the SEMCO pipeline.
- Energizing the electrical systems.
- Final check-out of sensing instrumentation and computer control system.
- Testing of the generating stations in in 2019.